AGV FIELD SUPPORT ENGINEER
AGV Systems is a division of Oceaneering International with headquarters in the Netherlands, and globally active in the material handling industry. Oceaneering AGV Systems develops, produces, and markets Automated Guided Vehicle Systems (AGVs). Our products service industries including Automotive, Pharmaceutical, Entertainment, Electronics and Warehousing. Our automation solutions assist organizations in becoming more efficient and reducing operating costs.
Oceaneering AGV Systems employs around 80 staff members with offices in the Netherlands, Germany and the United States. Because the organization is expanding in Europe we are currently looking for an Application Software engineer for our Utrecht, the Netherlands location.
AGV FIELD SUPPORT ENGINEER
(Full-time, employed in Utrecht, Netherlands)
As an AGV Field Support Engineer you will be responsible for supporting customers and internal departments with the AGV control software,hardware, and its related uses. This would include, but is not limited to installing software at customer sites, commissioning vehicles, creating and troubleshooting vehicle routes and traffic rules, calibrating vehicles, analyzing software issues in the field, programming/installing/troubleshooting PLCs, and writing training and technical documentation. Position requires strong troubleshooting, support, and software competency skills with some proficiency in electro mechanical systems. Position will require international travel for various lengths of time dependent on project specifics. This role reports to the software engineering leadership in Utrecht, the Netherlands.
Key tasks and activities
- Installation, commissioning and handover of AGVs to the customers at their site;
- Support manufacturing for commissioning vehicles;
- Troubleshooting software issues and either providing fixes or interfacing with the software engineering group to provide fixes;
- Providing second tier software support to customers;
- Testing the application software and interfaces to the vehicle;
- Calibrating and testing vehicles;
- Troubleshooting wireless and wired networks.
- Troubleshooting electro/mechanical vehicle issues.
- Programming, Installing and troubleshooting PLCs
- Writing training and support documentation;
- Creating, analyzing, and troubleshootingvehicle routes and traffic rules to optimize material flow;
- Continuously improving our processes and procedures to optimize development efficiency.
- Technical Bachelor degree, Technical school degree or equivalent software support experience;
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in supportingtechnical applicationsoftware;
- Proficiency using Linux and some experience with Windowsoperating systems;
- Experience with programming in scripting languagesis a plus;
- Understanding of networking concepts, hardware and software;
- Experience with issue or ticket tracking systems. Specific experience with Jirais a plus;
- Experience with versions control systems. Specific experience with Subversion is a plus;
- Experience with writing training documentationis a plus;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English. Dutch and German is a plus;
- Ability to act independently generating innovative solutions to complex problems;
- Experience with integrating enterprise systems such as databases, ERP systems, and factory automation systems is a plus;
- Experience troubleshooting electro-mechanical systems.
- Experience with PLCs.
- Ability to read and understand wiring diagrams.
- Customer focused attitude;
- Willingness to travel and stay abroad several weeks at a time during system installation;
- Ability to interact with customers and remain calm and professional in a demanding and dynamic work environment.
Oceaneering AGV Systems offers:
A dynamic and innovative working environment related to automation and robotics technology. Your coworkers are committed and engaged engineers, who are passionate about our AGV’s. The atmosphere is informal, with short communication lines within a can-do culture. A Personal Profile Analysis and testing can be part of this procedure.
If your interest is piqued, we invite you to apply or tell a friend if you know somebody who would fit this profile. Direct your motivation letter and CV in English before 30 May 2017 to Rhea Fraser, preferably by email: firstname.lastname@example.org. For further information please refer to the website www.oceaneering.com or you can call us.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Oceaneering AGV Systems BV, Tractieweg 190, 3534 AP Utrecht, tel. 030 244 05 50.
Acquisition with regards to this vacancy is not appreciated.