AGV Systems is a division of Oceaneering International with headquarters in the Netherlands, and globally active in the material handling industry. Oceaneering AGV Systems develops, produces, and markets Automated Guided Vehicle Systems (AGVs). Our products service industries including Automotive, Pharmaceutical, Entertainment, Electronics and Warehousing. Our automation solutions assist organizations in becoming more efficient and reducing operating costs.
Oceaneering AGV Systems employs around 80 staff members with offices in the Netherlands, Germany and the United States. Because the organization is expanding in Europe we are currently looking for an Application Software engineer for our Utrecht, the Netherlands location. We are looking for a:
As a System Engineer you will apply advanced technical knowledge to the design, production and implementation of OCEANEERING AGV systems. The System Engineer provides technical leadership and oversight for large and/or complex projects under the direction of a Project Manager. The System Engineer assists the Project Manager in defining and managing resource requirements, schedule, and cost for projects under his/her cognizance. The System Engineer guides the overall technical approach and provides direction for all other engineering disciplines throughout the project from initial concept to successful installation. Ultimately the System engineer is responsible for ensuring the correct technical solution is developed to meet the Customers' stated needs within project schedule and budget. Given that we have global Customers travel to Customer facilities for technical working sessions and system installations is required.
Essentail Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Independently performs difficult engineering tasks to completion that may include a variety of complex features, conflicting design requirementsand the need to coordinate the work of others.
- Excellent technical judgment, and appreciable independent evaluation, creativity, and latitude in making decisions are expected.
- Develops detailed specifications based on initial Customer requirements.
- Proactively manages technical risk throughout a project including hazard analysis and FMEA.
- Develops test plans and acceptance criteria, oversees test execution.
- Demonstrates ability to devise innovative solutions to problems.
- Develops objectives, schedules, and estimates for difficult assignments.
- Directs and supervises the activities of moderate to large size teams of engineers, designers and subcontractors.
- Reviews progress and evaluates results of work accomplished by self and others.
- Interacts with customer technical representatives to define and manage customer expectations.
- Uses team management skills to lead the engineering group during the conceptual phase of system development.
- Assesses vendors for technical competence and capability.
- Give support to Sales in generating concepts and technical solutions.
- Other duties as assigned
- Team player
- Able to manage the technics within the project
- Good technical oversight
- Able to transfer customer requirements into concept solution together with the project team
- Determines risks and comes up with mitigations
- Good communicator verbal and in writing to customer and own engineers.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
- Technical Bachelor degree in Engineering from an accredited college or university. Master's degree preferred.
- As a minimum 5 years Engineering experience in complex system design, manufacturing, and integrations environment
- Familiarity with ISO 9000 design requirements
Ability to read, analyzes, and interprets general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have complete knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel.
Essential Job Functions
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is indoors during the day and occasionally at night and is regularly required to sit. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and ability to adjust focus. Specific hearing abilities required by this job include hearing all ranges. This is considered light work.
Oceaneering AGV Systems offers:
A dynamic and innovative working environment related to automation and robotics technology. Your coworkers are committed and engaged engineers, who are passionate about our AGV’s. The atmosphere is informal, with short communication lines within a can-do culture. A Personal Profile Analysis and testing can be part of this procedure.
If your interest is piqued, we invite you to apply or tell a friend if you know somebody who would fit this profile. Direct your motivation letter and CV in English before 30 May 2017 to Rhea Fraser, preferably by email: email@example.com. For further information please refer to the website www.oceaneering.com or you can call us.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Oceaneering AGV Systems BV, Tractieweg 190, 3534 AP Utrecht, tel. 030 244 05 50.
Acquisition with regards to this vacancy is not appreciated.